Meghalaya is blessed with nature’s beauty, also it's known as ‘The abode of clouds’! It is one of the most beautiful states in North-East India. With the beautiful azure of Umiam lake, cultural, festival and a variety of sights, it makes for an extraordinary experience for tourists. Well known for Cherrapunjee, the wettest destination in the world. Surrounded by mountains, thick green forests, flowing waterfalls, caves and lakes, the valley is undoubtedly one of the best locations in Meghalaya. It looks so amazing when covered with beautiful clouds.
Road journey to Shillong and Cherrapunji is very picturesque, taking you through sleepy helmets and thickly forested countryside roads.
- Activity Type: High Altitude Trekking
- Grade: Easy
- Best time: May-July / Mid-September-October
- Starting Point: Guwahati
- Ending Point: Guwahati
- Region: Meghalaya
Day - 1 Guwahati to Shillong 3 Hrs Drive
Arrival at airport/railway station Drive to Shillong 100km ( 3/4hrs)
( You are expected to reach 10 am at station/airport ). A pleasant drive, roads are good with a beautiful view. On the way, we will visit very beautiful and scenic- Barapani Lake (Umiam Lake). The beautiful Umiam Lake will wake you up to the beauty of Shillong. Lunch (self-sponsored) on the way to the hotel. Reach Hotel/Homestay. Freshen up. Overnight stay at hotel.
Meals: Evening Tea, Dinner
Day - 2 Shillong – Mawlynnong – Cherrapunji
After early breakfast, you will proceed to Cherrapunji – Wettest destination in the world. On the way, we will be visiting the cleanest village of India Mawlynnong. It is famous for its cleanliness and natural attraction. In 2003, Mawlynnong was awarded the title of the cleanest Village in Asia by Discover India. Overnight stay at Cherapunjee in the hotel.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Day - 3 Sightseeing and waterfalls visit around Cherrapunji
On this day, after having breakfast we will be visiting Nohkalikai Falls, which is the tallest plunge waterfall in India. Its height is 1115 feet (340 metres). The waterfall is located near Cherrapunji. Also, we will be visiting the eco park and nearby waterfalls. The main attraction is Mawsmai Cave. Inside the cave, the thrill of water sipping water over your head. Natural limestone ceiling with natural design. This cave has been maintained well by the management. Come back and overnight stay at Hotel.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Day - 4 Cherrapunji - Double Decker Living Root Bridge - Shillong
After having breakfast, we will start the trek towards Double Decker living Roots Bridge. You will get amazed by walking over the roots. The living root bridge is over a river and overlooks a waterfall, and is absolutely quiet. A must visit for a nature lover. This will be a once in a lifetime experience for outdoorsy people. After this visit, we will start the drive towards Shillong. Overnight stay in the hotel.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Day - 5 Shillong to Guwahati 3 Hrs Drive
Depart from Shillong to Guwahati (100Kms, 3 - 4 Hrs drive). Enjoy the ride on the excellent roads and the scenic beauty that beholds. There are a lot of viewpoints over valleys wherein you can stop and take amazing pictures.
People who want to stay at Guwahati can stay on their own cost & others can depart according to their train/bus/flight timings.
Meals: Breakfast & Tea
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis in deluxe hotel.
- All Transportation Tavera, Xylo, Tempo Traveller or similar type vehicle
- Breakfast and Dinner for the entire trip
- Inner line permits
- All sightseeing as mentioned in Itinerary
- All entry fees and tolls
- Experience leader to manage the entire trip
- Unforgettable memories
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any kind of transportation till Guwahati (by Air,Train,Road)
- Any kind of personal expenses like Lunch,Mineral water,soft drinks
- Cost Escalation due to natural reason.
- Unscheduled stay due to a landslide.
- Anything other than above-mentioned inclusions.
- Ruck Sack : Compulsory to carry strong and steady rucksack, Between 55 to 60 Litre
- Ruck sack cover : Protect your things from quick rain or snowfall
- Day Pack : Optional, carry only if you are planning to offload your bigger bag. If you are offloading your bigger backpack then you have to carry your personal valuable things, water bottles, pack lunch, raincoat/poncho etc.
- Trekking Shoes: Good quality rubber soul shoes with ankle support is advisable. Please make sure that shoes are well use before trek. Note: Sports shoes are not recommended but you can carry as additional back up shoes.
- T-shirts: As per your need, carry at least one quick dry type, avoid too bright/dark colours T-shirts. Cotton T-shirts avoid especially while walking. Full sleeves T-shirts are recommended.
- Track Pants: As per your need, one synthetic quick dry type track pant is highly recommended.
- Warm Jacket: Highly recommended, one thick fleece jacket/ Down feather jacket is must to carry. You can use this when you cool down at camp.
- Windproof Jacket/ Windcheater: We advised to carry, it is resisting wind chill/snowfall and quick burst of light rain.
- Thermal Wear: You can use this once you reach at campsite. Thermal keep your body warm especially during harsh winter temperatures.
- Towel: One medium size light weight towel quick dry type
- Raincoat/ Poncho: Raincoat/ ponchos is a water-resistance to protect the body from rain.
- Woollen Cap / Balaclava: Mandatory to carry woollen cap or balaclava to protect from cold.
- Sun cap / Hat: To protect you from direct sunlight
- Undergarments: As per your need.
- Socks: Hiking socks has ability wick moisture and keep feet dry. Full length socks are advisable.
- Hand Gloves: Compulsory to carry, few gloves are constructed of water resistant or waterproof material that keep your fingers dry.
- Walking stick / Trekking pole: Trekking pole provide useful literal stability on rough terrain and give balance while descending also reduce pressure on knee.
- Water Bottle/ Hydration pack: Compulsory to carry, please do not carry packaged drinking water bottles.
- Sunglasses: Compulsory to carry. It is protecting from snow blindness. Person who use spectacle need to carry custom make powered sunglasses.
- Head Torch / Torch: It is mandatory to carry with extra batteries. Head torch is advisable to keep your hands free while walking.
- Sunscreen Lotion: Optional, advisable to carry sunscreen lotion (SPF 50+ and more)
- Chapstick/ Cold cream: Optional, As per your need
- Toilet Kit Must to carry, Personal toilet kit (toilet paper)
- Sandals / Slippers: Optional, to walk around camp
- Small Lunch Box & Tea mug: Compulsory, sometimes we give pack lunch so you can carry pack lunch items in it (one small leak proof lunch box is the best one), also carry one tea mug/glass
- Dry Fruits / Energy Bars: We provide healthy adequate food on trip. Some do feel very less energetic compare to others, so you carry energy bars, dry fruits etc.
- Repairs Kit: Must, one small repair kit which includes safety pins, needle, thread and string
- Personal Medical Kit: Must to carry small basic first aid. If you are taking any specific medicine from your doctor please inform us in advance. There will be a basic first kit will be available throughout the trek. Our Instructor has done a first aid course.
- Camera: Optional, to capture your lifetime memories.
- Visit Underground Caves
- Visit Famous Double Decker Living Root Bridge
- Visit Highest Plunge Waterfall in India
- Visit Asia’s cleanest village - Mawlynnong