Rajgad fort also known as Royal fort/ King of all forts, situated in Pune district of Maharashtra. This fort was Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj’s capital for 26 years, after which the capital was later shifted to the Raigad fort. The beauty of the fort and the surroundings is breath-taking and amazing. Absorb the breath-taking views and let the zig-zag narrow, uphill path take you to the top of the fort. Massive Maha Darwaja and Chor Darwaja tell the tale of the Fortress of the forgotten empire. There are 3 main Darvajas to reach Padmavati Machee, Chor Darwaja, Pali Darvaja and Gunjavane Darvaja. If you are planning to stay overnight then morning sunrise from Balekilla is mesmerising. This fort is surrounded on three sides by fortified ridges: 1. Padmavati Machee 2.Sanjivani Machee 3. Suvela Machee. From Rajgad fort you can see the magnificent view of Sahyadri range. During winter season this entire range is covered by beautiful wild flowers.
- Type: Hill Fort
- Altitude; 1318m
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Trail Type: Mud and Rocky trail.
- Duration: 1 Night, 1 Day
- Base Camp: Gunjavane Village
- Distance= 200Km
10.30pm: Pick up from Borivali Station
11.30pm: Pick up from Sion Station
Start the journey by private vehicle.
5.00am: Reach base village 5/6 am. Freshen up.
7.00am: Introduction and Briefing session
7.15am: Start the Trek
10.30am: Reach the fort and explore the fort
01.00pm: Lunch on the fort
01.30pm Start climbing down to the base.
03.30pm: Reach the Base village and have tea snacks.
04.00pm: Start return journey to Mumbai by private vehicle
21.00pm: Reach Mumbai.
What is included in the tour
- Private Non-AC transportation from Mumbai to Mumbai
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, Evening tea snacks
- Expertise & Guide Charges
- Necessary equipment for trek
- Basic First aid kit
- Toll Entry Fees
- Necessary trek permits
What is NOT included in the tour
- Water Bottle, Cold drinks
- Anything not mentioned in the above inclusions
- Id Proof compulsory
- Water bottles (2 liters compulsory)
- Trekking shoes compulsory (Good Grip)
- Hat/Cap, Goggles, Sunscreen, odomos etc
- Personal Medication
- Rainwear (as per season)
- Energy Bar, Dry fruits, Glucose
- Backpack to put in all the things to be carried. (No sling bags)
- Camera (optional)
- Masks, Gloves, Hand Sanitizers
- Sanjivani Machee
- Padmavati Machee
- Suvela Machee
- View of Torna and Sinhgad