The peak of Kalsubai in Nagar district is the highest peak of the mountain range of Sahyadri. The Everest of the Sahyadris, Kalsubai trek is a dream of every avid trekker to climb it at least once. Kalsubai is a part of the Kalsubai Harishchandragad Wildlife Sanctuary which spreads from Kalsubai to Harischandragad in Akole. The Kalsubai sanctuary is a challenge to trekkers with its rugged hilly terrain and the Kalsubai pinnacle at its height of 5500 ft is a real steep climb.
There is a steep and difficult route from Indore but trekkers prefer the ladder-route from Bari village which is about 10 km from Bhandardara. It usually takes three hours to reach the top from Bari. Soon after leaving Bari, there is a Hanuman temple and the route from behind this temple takes the hiker straight to the summit.
At a height of 5500 feet Kalsubai offers a panoramic view. Towards west, Alangad, Madangad & Kulanggad could be seen. Towards south is the famous Bhandardhara lake and Ratangad beyond it.
- Type: Hill Fort
- Altitude; 1645m
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Trail Type: Mud and Rocky trail.
- Distance= 230Km
Night 1 :
10.30pm: Pick up from Borivali Station
11.30pm: Pick up from Sion Station
Start the journey by private vehicle.
Day 1 :
5.00am: Reach base village at 5/6 am. Freshen up.
7.00am: Introduction and Briefing session
7.15am: Start the Trek
10.30am: Reach the fort and explore the fort
01.00pm: Have a packed lunch on the fort
01.30pm Start climbing down to the base.
03.30pm: Reach the Base village and have tea snacks.
04.00pm: Start return journey to Mumbai by private vehicle
21.00pm: Reach Mumbai.
What is included in the tour
- Private Non-AC transportation from Mumbai to Mumbai
- 1 Breakfast, 1 Lunch, Evening Tea and Snacks
- Expertise & Guide Charges
- Necessary equipment for trek
- Basic First aid kit
- Toll Entry Fees
- Necessary trek permits
What is NOT included in the tour
- Water Bottle
- Cold Drinks
- Good Trekking shoes
- One back pack
- Water bottles- 2 litres
- Change of clothes for three days
- Sunscreen & sunglasses
- Toiletries (Shampoo, towel, toothpaste, tissue paper, etc.)
- Allergy medication (if any)
- Energy food like chocolate, nutribars etc (If you wish)
- Juice packs, Glucon-D etc. (If you wish)
- Torches with new batteries
- Camera (Optional)
- Masks, Gloves, Hand Sanitizers