Dayara Bugyal (meadows) is a paradise for those who are looking for an easy to medium level trekking in the mighty Himalayas. This beautiful meadow located in picture square laps of Uttarkashi district in the state of Uttarakhand at an altitude of 120000ft. For this beautiful destination, the last village accessible by road is Barsu, or Raithal depending on which you are going to take. This high pastures meadow are filled with beautiful red, yellow, white wildflower during spring and summer, also you can see Gujjar shepherds walking with their cattle. Best season to visit this place is May- July and September- October. During winter December to March, this entire grassland carpeted with snow and temperature varies unexpectedly at higher altitudes. Traversing through thick forest with Pine trees, Oak trees and Rhododendron trees loaded with red, pink flowers and green meadows covered with yellow blue and red flowers made for excellent eyesight. Once you reach the top one can go higher in to the vast mesmerizing fields of greenery. Suddenly you will find yourself watching that Windows XP wallpaper. During summer you can see many flocks of ships and shepherd huts surroundings. All major snow cap peaks like Gangotri range, Shrikanth, Jonly and Bandar Poonch are clearly visible from here. So, sit back and enjoy the amazing view you have and explore more until dusk. The trek to the top passes through steep valley climbs through forests but culminates with slow sloping grasslands. A lovely place to be for the weekend, Peaceful, simple, heavenly.
How to Reach:
By Air :
Jolly Grant Airport Dehradun, Airport is just 25 km from the main city. There are daily flights from Mumbai, Bangalore and Delhi to Dehradun
By Train :
Take the night train from Delhi to reach Dehradun
- Nandadevi Express - Train no: 12205 (Departure 11:50pm; Arrival - 5:40am)
- Dehradun Express - Train no: 12687 (Departure - 9:10pm; Arrival - 5:00am)
- There are frequent regular buses from Delhi ISBT Kashmere Gate.
- We would suggest you take only government buses from ISBT Kashmere Gate.
- Usually, buses drop you at Dehradun ISBT. From there you can catch auto which will take 15/20 mins to Dehradun Railway Station.
- Tata Sumo or similar vehicles will pick-up you from Dehradun Railway Station at 6:00 am to 6.30am.
- Gradient: Easy to Moderate.
- Max Altitude: 12000 ft.
- Base Camp: Raithal.
- Duration: 5 Days 4 nights.
- Best Season: May-June – Sep-Oct
- Day time temperature 17-20°C Night time 3-4°C
- Meeting Point: Dehradun Railway Station
- End Point: Dehradun Railway Station
What is included in the tour
- Activity: Trekking, Camping, sightseeing etc
- Tented Accommodation
- All meals while on trek (Veg)
- Permits (Foreign national need to pay extra on spot)
- Basic First aid medical kits
- Qualified and experienced Trek Leader (2), support staff, Helpers
- Camping Tents, Kitchen tents, Dining Tent and Sleeping bags and Carry mats.
- Local route guide
What is NOT included in the tour
- Ruck Sack : Compulsory to carry strong and steady rucksack, Between 55 to 60 Litre
- Ruck sack cover : Protect your things from quick rain or snowfall
- Day Pack : Optional, carry only if you are planning to offload your bigger bag. If you are offloading your bigger backpack then you have to carry your personal valuable things, water bottles, pack lunch, raincoat/poncho etc.
- Trekking Shoes: Good quality rubber soul shoes with ankle support is advisable. Please make sure that shoes are well use before trek. Note: Sports shoes are not recommended but you can carry as additional back up shoes.
- T-shirts: As per your need, carry at least one quick dry type, avoid too bright/dark colours T-shirts. Cotton T-shirts avoid especially while walking. Full sleeves T-shirts are recommended.
- Track Pants: As per your need, one synthetic quick dry type track pant is highly recommended.
- Warm Jacket: Highly recommended, one thick fleece jacket/ Down feather jacket is must to carry. You can use this when you cool down at camp.
- Windproof Jacket/ Windcheater: We advised to carry, it is resisting wind chill/snowfall and quick burst of light rain.
- Thermal Wear: You can use this once you reach at campsite. Thermal keep your body warm especially during harsh winter temperatures.
- Towel: One medium size light weight towel quick dry type
- Raincoat/ Poncho: Raincoat/ ponchos is a water-resistance to protect the body from rain.
- Woollen Cap / Balaclava: Mandatory to carry woollen cap or balaclava to protect from cold.
- Sun cap / Hat: To protect you from direct sunlight
- Undergarments: As per your need.
- Socks: Hiking socks has ability wick moisture and keep feet dry. Full length socks are advisable.
- Hand Gloves: Compulsory to carry, few gloves are constructed of water resistant or waterproof material that keep your fingers dry.
- Walking stick / Trekking pole: Trekking pole provide useful literal stability on rough terrain and give balance while descending also reduce pressure on knee.
- Water Bottle/ Hydration pack: Compulsory to carry, please do not carry packaged drinking water bottles.
- Sunglasses: Compulsory to carry. It is protecting from snow blindness. Person who use spectacle need to carry custom make powered sunglasses.
- Head Torch / Torch: It is mandatory to carry with extra batteries. Head torch is advisable to keep your hands free while walking.
- Sunscreen Lotion: Optional, advisable to carry sunscreen lotion (SPF 50+ and more)
- Chapstick/ Cold cream: Optional, As per your need
- Toilet Kit Must to carry, Personal toilet kit (toilet paper)
- Sandals / Slippers: Optional, to walk around camp
- Small Lunch Box & Tea mug: Compulsory, sometimes we give pack lunch so you can carry pack lunch items in it (one small leak proof lunch box is the best one), also carry one tea mug/glass
- Dry Fruits / Energy Bars: We provide healthy adequate food on trip. Some do feel very less energetic compare to others, so you carry energy bars, dry fruits etc.
- Repairs Kit: Must, one small repair kit which includes safety pins, needle, thread and string
- Personal Medical Kit: Must to carry small basic first aid. If you are taking any specific medicine from your doctor please inform us in advance. There will be a basic first kit will be available throughout the trek. Our Instructor has done a first aid course.
- Camera: Optional, to capture your lifetime memories.